Friday, April 26, 2013

Vowing to Eat Healthier

Confession time.  Remember those delicious Oreo cookie cookies?  Well, the recipe didn't use up the entire box of double stuff Oreos.  In fact, it only used about a third of it.  I took the rest of the cookies to work and stashed them in my office, where I've been going crazy and having them as a snack twice a day.  Not good.  In fact, I've been eating pretty unhealthy all around lately. 
 
So in the spirit of trying to eat healthier without sacrificing my beloved convenience, Wednesday for lunch I opted for this Mayan Harvest Bake frozen meal from Kashi. 
 
Kashi helpfully tells you exactly which of their frozen meals are vegan - turns out only two are: this one and the Black Bean Mango - but I guess I will take what I can get. 
 
The Mayan Harvest Bake actually turned out to be really good, considering it is frozen convenience food. 
 
It came with plantains, black beans, sweet potato, kale, polenta, pumpkin seeds, and ancho chili sauce.  Yum! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Later in the afternoon, I snacked on some carrot sticks and a plum.  And maybe a few more Oreos.  Baby steps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment