Wednesday, April 24, 2013

1983 Love

Saturday night I helped a friend celebrate her 30th birthday with a 1983-themed bar crawl.  My friend really did her homework, and revealed these fun facts about 1983 to help us get into the spirit with our attire:
 
SPORTS: A great year for Washington-area sports teams, Orioles win the World Series, and Redskins win the Super Bowl
TOP MOVIES: Flash Dance, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
U.S. PRESIDENT: Ronald Reagan
INT'L CONFLICT: Cold War
FOOD: Mc Donald's introduces the McNugget
TOP HITS: Every Breath You Take, The Police/Billie Jean, Michael Jackson/Let's Dance, David Bowie/All Night Long, Lionel Richie
POPULAR TV SHOWS: Dallas, The A-Team, Magnum P.I.
WOMEN: Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space
TECHNOLOGY: The computer mouse is invented, Microsoft Word released
POPULAR TOYS: Nintendo, My Little Pony, Cabbage Patch Kids
MISC: Hooters opens first restaurant, "Just Say No" campaign debuts
 
I did my part by pulling out the most '80s looking clothes I could find (I tried at least - more than I can say for a lot of the other party goers) and donning the obligatory side ponytail, blue eyeshadow, and pink lipstick.  Definitely not my best look and I'm glad that decade is over! 


No comments:

Post a Comment