Thursday, April 11, 2013

Forget Spring ... Summer's Here

Yesterday I was running a bit late and didn't have time to pack lunch for work, so I whipped up something from my office stash. It may sound more like breakfast, but two packets of instant oatmeal and a big scoop of peanut butter is a great, stick-to-your-ribs meal that will keep you full until dinner.









Feeling antsy to enjoy the spring weather, I took an afternoon walk around Annapolis.  It's definitely a great city to work in when nice weather rolls around.  My walk took me past the Naval Academy, and this beautiful backyard fence surrounded by flowers! 
 





I also saw this cute little pig watering can peeking out through a fence :) 











There were flowers blooming everywhere, but it was about 90 degrees, so it's already feeling more like summer than spring!  Hopefully the flowers don't burn out too quickly ...


This is the most beautiful time of year to be in Maryland, and I'm hoping it lasts as long as possible.  The cherry blossoms in DC should also be in full bloom now.  Maybe I'll get a chance to see them this weekend and share some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment