Monday, April 29, 2013

Another Experiment With Cashew Cream

Saturday night I tried my hand at working with cashew cream again.  Having pre-soaked raw cashews overnight, I blended them together with water, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, some roasted garlic, and garlic powder (when the roasted garlic alone wasn't cutting it).  I didn't measure any of the ingredients, but just sort of added and mixed until I liked the flavor.  It came out rich and garlicky.  And my little cuisinart blender did surprising well at blending everything into a nice, creamy sauce in not too much time (maybe a total of 5 minutes of blending?). 
 

While mixing up the garlic cream sauce, I browned some polenta rounds in a pan then removed them and browned chopped brussel sprouts - saving dishes! 
 
The garlic sauce served over polenta and brussel sprouts turned out to be a real winner for dinner.  My boyfriend even remarked that it didn't seem like a typical vegan dinner "but was actually filling."  I guess that's high praise.  The only downside was that I probably should have cooked up some more polenta to even out the proportions.  Noted for next time.  And there will definitely be a next time on this one.   




No comments:

Post a Comment