Monday, April 22, 2013

Taco Night

Friday night for dinner I had more time than usual - and more motivation - so I decided to put together vegan tacos.  Both my boyfriend and I love Mexican food, and were even gifted with this Penzey's Mexican Spice set a while back so that we can make as-authentic-as-possible Mexican food at home. 
 

 
I used a mixture of spices to season mushrooms, sauteed together some green peppers and onion, and sauteed Yves meatless ground with taco seasoning and added some Teese for a cheesy-meat filling.  We also had salsa, tofutti sour cream, and sliced avocado.  I even made home-made tortillas.  It was quite the taco extravaganza! 
 
I loaded up my tacos with everything - it was very messy but very delicious.  This was a little more work than I tend to want to put into cooking dinner (baking is a completely different story), but it was really tasty and I'm sure I will feel the motivation to do it again sometime (hopefully soon). 

No comments:

Post a Comment