Friday, April 26, 2013

Baltimore Vegan Drinks

Monday night after dinner I stopped by Baltimore Vegan Drinks' monthly happy hour.  I'd been to a coupld of these before, but I haven't made it a regular thing yet.  This month's happy hour was held at One World Cafe, so I knew I had to go get one of their delicious desserts! 

I was feeling a little guilty about going after having a non-vegan dinner, but I decided not going was like cutting off my nose to spite my face (I kind of hate that saying, but I guess it's appropriate here).  Even after having non-vegan dinner, it didn't help me, animals, or anyone else to skip the vegan get-together.  But by going I would get to meet and reconnect with great vegans and hopefully re-inspire me to keep eating vegan.  And I knew tasty vegan treats wouldn't hurt either!
 
A lot of people at the happy hour were eating dinner, but I went straight for the drinks and dessert and ordered a blueberry (alcoholic) drink and a red velvet cupcake.  The drink was amazing and tasted just like fresh blueberries.  The cupcake was really good too, but it didn't seem like they even tried to make fake cream cheese icing but went with plain vanilla instead.  Someone seated next to me got the red velvet too and felt the same.  I guess I should have gone with the chocolate-chocolate cupcake.  Live and learn ...
 
All in all it was a great evening and I'm so glad I went.  Unfortunately the next happy hour is a bit further afield for me, so I'll probably skip it.  But I will definitely be attending more of these when they are in Baltimore City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment