Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chips and Dip Lunch and My Favorite Cookie is Vegan!

Tuesday for lunch I mixed together a bunch of random ingredients to create a sort of Mexican dip, and luckily my little experiment turned out really great. 
 
I mixed together left over seasoned fake beef crumbles from enchilada night, cilantro, salsa, nacho teese, and sour cream.  It might not look pretty, but it tasted delicious! 





Yesterday I also pulled out a very special treat that I'd been saving in my freezer since Christmas-time ... Archway Cashew Nougat cookies!  These are my favorite cookies and you can only get them at the holidays - and even finding them then is a huge challenge.  I've had them since I was little at Christmas, and they are one of those special memories of childhood I really cherish. 
 
When I went vegan I knew I had a box of these tucked in the freezer, and I really struggled with whether it would be my last box ever.  The ones I'd already bought were fair game, but would I ever buy another box in the future?  Maybe I could make a vegan exception just at Christmas for this special treat ...  Or maybe I would wait and decide how badly I missed them and only buy a box if I really couldn't take it. 
 
But it turns out all that worry was for nothing!  With all that anxiety, I hadn't actually pulled out the box to check the ingredient list ... but it turns out they're vegan!  Still not exactly healthy, so they should still just be an occasional treat.  But no vegan conflict!  This is pretty much the most exciting news I've had in a long time. 

And yes, the box I dug into just yesterday is already gone as of this morning ... they're that good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment