Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sunday Sailing Adventure

Sunday morning started off with a strawberry banana protein shake and a glucosamine chondroitin.  Exciting stuff.  I got the GC a while back after my doctor said it might help with recurring pain I have in my knee when I run long-ish distances.  Not sure if it really helps, but then again I don't exactly take it every day :/  But a few days ago I had really severe pain in my knee after doing literally nothing (just sitting around the apartment), so I thought it wouldn't hurt to start taking them more regularly.  Luckily my knee's doing a lot better now.  Of course I don't know if it's the GC or just some extra rest for the knee ...
Lunch was tofu sauteed with broccoli and edamame and topped with Thai peanut sauce.  (Didn't I say that meal was coming back around?)  It was simple but delicious, and even Josh remarked that we should be eating more nutritious food like this.  It was a great way to get in tons of energy-packed foods before ...
Our big sailing adventure!!!
 
A while back a Living Social deal came around for a three-hour intro to sailing class, and I thought it would be a great way for us to get out together, learn something new, and have fun.  At $100 per person, it wasn't cheap ... but then again boats aren't cheap either! 
 
Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the actual excursion, but it was just the two of us and our instructor on a little sailboat on the Chesapeake.  The weather was great, and we each got to try our hand at operating the tiller, the main sail, and the jib.  (I learned my terminology!)  The only down side was that we had to wear lifejackets for the whole three hours in the sun, and when we got back and took them off I was a horrible sweaty mess underneath.  Lesson for next time: wear sweat-wicking clothing! 
 
When we got home I was starving so I reheated the last of the creamed spinach before we got to work on dinner ... linguine with zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes.  Of course I wolfed it down before I could take a picture!  But it was amazing - much better than I'd expected for something so simple.  We will definitely need to make that one again soon too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment