Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Forgotten Baltimore

As I was driving home last night, I diverted from my usual route in an attempt to avoid road construction and baseball game traffic.  It took me through that "other" Baltimore that I don't see everyday, and too often allow myself to forget about.  It also proved to be probably just as slow as the traffic would have been as I was forced to stop at just about every traffic light I came across.  But the stops gave me the opportunity to take a few pictures of these forgotten neighborhoods. 
 
In these areas, entire blocks may be boarded up.

 
This last picture was taken just a few blocks from my much more affluent neighborhood, Bolton Hill.  If you look very far down the street, you may even be able to see a hipster walking a dog and pushing a stroller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment