Monday, July 29, 2013

Dirty 30

Thursday's crossfit WOD was the "Dirty Thirty": three rounds of 30 situps, 30 hang cleans, 30 double unders (translation, 90 single jumps), 30 overhead squats, and 30 pull-ups.  Fortunately, we had a two minute rest between each round, so it was a little easier going than it might have been otherwise.  I finished the three rounds in 34:38.  Not too bad.  The pull-ups were definitely crushing me by the end (even with a green and red band helping me along). 
 
But my biggest issue was a really weird tingling in my hands (more in the right than the left).  I thought it was from the overhead squats, like the blood rushing out of my hands ... and which also made it even harder to do the pull-ups because I had no grip!  But fifteen minutes after class was over I noticed I still had tingling.  Then as I was going to bed I noticed I still had tingling in my right hand.  Even the next morning when I woke up it was still there a bit.  Maybe I pinched a nerve or something?  Doesn't sound good ... I'll have to watch out for that in the future.  I definitely don't want to do any permanent damage. 
 
When I got home I made some creamed spinach with frozen spinach, cashew cream, nutritional yeast, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  It was really good ... but not a meal in itself.  So I added a quick sandwich of a chicken patty (not vegan, but they've got to get used, right?), salsa, and vegan pepperjack cheese.  And of course I enjoyed a lovely glass of horchata on the side.  Delicious and simple dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment