Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chocolate Hazlenut Pudding

Monday morning started off as usual with a strawberry banana protein shake.  I had a ton of work to do, so I got busy super early in the morning and didn't take a break until my stomach started to rumble mid-morning. 
 
But my stomach rumble wasn't for any kind of "real" food for lunch ... I wanted something sweet!  Fortunately, I had half of a block of tofu leftover from making mushroom soup Saturday night

Luckily I had tofu to make something sweet?!?!  I know it sounds like crazy talk, but tofu is pretty much the would-be-vegan's perfect ingredient for just about everything ... including dessert! 

I microwaved some dark chocolate chips with a bit of plain rice milk until the chocolate was melted.  Then I blended with the tofu until the whole mixture was smooth and creamy.  Once it was blended I added just a bit of hazlenut flavor syrup until I'd gotten my desired flavor - nutty, chocolately, deliciousness!  It's delicious (if a little warm) straight from the blender, but if you let it firm up in the fridge for a bit it takes on this amazing, mousse-like consistency.  And I swear no one will be able to detect the tofu!

After such an amazing pre-lunch dessert, I almost didn't even want the pasta with Victoria Vegan red pepper alfredo, basil, and Morningstar Farms chicken patty I made later.  In fact, I may or may not have had a second helping of pudding post-lunch as well ... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment