Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mon

Monday I finally got around to trying the S'mores treat I picked up at Pangea Vegan Store.  The Sweet & Sara S'mores came in either original or peanut butter flavor.  Though I'm normally a super peanut-buttery person, I thought I should try the original to get the "true" s'mores experience.   
 
The vegan s'mores did not disappoint!  The s'mores was designed with a graham cracker on the bottom, topped with a thick marshmallow, and coated with chocolate.  It was really tasty, though the proportions weren't what you would expect from a traditional s'more - with too much marshmallow and not enough graham cracker.  Luckily, I'm a big marshmallow fan, so this wasn't a problem for me.  The only down side was that the graham cracker was too soft (a bit like it had gone stale).  I would have preferred more crunch from the cookie, but I guess I'll take what I can get. 
 
Now I'm definitely thinking about trying to make my own vegan marshmallows soon.  Or maybe I'll just buy the Dandies from Whole Foods ...

No comments:

Post a Comment