Thursday, May 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Salad

Tuesday I walked into the kitchen at work and had these tasty treats staring me in the face.  But of course none of them were vegan ... :( 

Fortunately I had leftover paella to eat for lunch. 

Not to mention leftover cauliflower wings to snack on ...  So I was perfectly satisfied. 

Just kidding.  I ate a big stack of oreos!  This stack finally finished off the box leftover from making Oreo cookie cookies, so now I will no longer be able to turn to the dark side.  At least until I go buy another box of them ...

My love of peanut butter pretty much knows no bounds, so for dinner Tuesday I used my favorite food yet again to make peanut butter salad.   It might sound crazy, but really it's just crazy delicious. 
 
I started by browning some frozen edamame in a pan while I toasted some sesame seeds in the oven. 

Then I mixed together a "dressing" of both smooth and chunky peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.  It's sort of an Asian-inspired salad. 

Then toss lettuce of choice, edamame, and sesame seeds well in the dressing to coat.  It was delicious and incredibly satisfying. 

My boyfriend made dinner soup and salad for himself by adding hot and sour soup from Whole Foods - the only hot and sour soup he's been able to find that is vegetarian.  (Fun fact: the Chinese version is usually made with blood!) 

But sadly the vegetarian hot and sour soup is still not vegan ... it contains egg.  No soup for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment