Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vegan Shower Gel

I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods yesterday and while I was there I decided to check out the beauty aisle to see if I could find any good vegan body washes since I'm almost out.  The body wash I have been using is from The Body Shop and is actually labeled cruelty free, but I wanted to see what other options I could find.  And maybe something a little less expensive ...
 
While I didn't check every brand Whole Foods carries, everything I looked at said it was not tested on animals.  It might be the case that everything they carry is cruelty free, which would be a good thing to remember when it comes time to replace my shampoo and conditioner - both of which were tested on animals. :(
 
There were so many options, it was hard to choose.  Finally, I went with one of the basic, store brand options in herbal mint scent.  It didn't hurt that it was only $4.  Plus, not only is it not tested on animals, but the bottle is also marked that it does not use any animal ingredients - a fact that may be true of other brands but is often not specified. 

I used the new shower gel last night and it smelled amazing.  I used it in the shower, but I think it would be great for a nice, soothing bubble bath.  The scent just smells fresh and clean, like you can literally wash your stress away. 
 
From time to time I'm sure I will get pricier bath washes, but it's nice to know there is a go-to shower gel out there that is vegan, smells good, and won't break the bank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment