Sunday, May 12, 2013

Dinner From Forks Over Knives

Friday morning I made another protein shake using frozen mixed fruit.  So boring I didn't even bother to take a picture ...

I had just about one serving left of romaine lettuce that needed to be used up, so for lunch I whipped up a quick and easy peanut butter salad.  I mixed together creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and minced ginger for the dressing. 

Then tossed with chopped lettuce to coat.  So easy! 

Mid-afternoon I enjoyed a spoonful of biscoff spread for a little treat. 

And a little later still I snacked on some Asian mix.  I probably shouldn't keep buying this stuff ... it's too addicting! 
 
My boyfriend and I have both been feeling like we want to eat a bit healthier, so for dinner I turned to this Italian white bean, kale, and potato stew recipe from Forks Over Knives.  It's definitely healthy, hearty, and tasty.  And even though it seems a bit more like a fall or winter dish, the weather is still cool enough right now that this felt warm and comforting.  Perfect dinner. 
 
It's also relatively simple and all gets made in one pot, so clean up isn't too bad. 

Just watch out that potatoes take a lot longer to cook than the recipe suggests, so I double the potato cooking time before adding in the kale and beans. 

I halved the recipe and still ended up with enough for four meals.  This is also the kind of dish that holds up well in the fridge to reheat as leftovers. 
 
Now I just have to figure out how to use up all the extra kale I have leftover ...  The boyfriend said kale chips.  I'm thinking sauteed kale.  Then again, we might have enough for both!  

No comments:

Post a Comment