Sunday, May 26, 2013

Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake

I started Thursday morning off bright and early with a small glass of watermelon agua fresca.  Followed by a protein shake, of course.  Thursday's protein shake of choice was banana mango with vanilla protein powder, flax seed, and vanilla soymilk.  Yum, yum, yum. 


Mid-morning I snacked on a chocolate pumpkin pie cookie.  Still delicious a few days later! 

For lunch I enjoyed leftover sesame noodles.  Unfortunately, these don't hold up quite as well as leftovers as some other recipes.  The sauce dries up a bit and even sprinkled with water and microwaved a bit, they just aren't the same as that first night.  I guess the lesson is ... eat it all when you first make it! 

Mid-afternoon I snacked on some apple mango applesauce.  Guess it was a very mango-y day! 

Of course that little apple sauce wasn't enought o hold me over, so still later in the afternoon I snacked on some oatmeal mixed with peanut butter.  Can't get enough of this stuff! 

Dinner Thursday was another B.A.T. sandwich - super easy, and super yummy. 
 
Meanwhile, Panda watched closely from the comfort of one of her daddy's slippers.  She's so hilarious.  Not sure why she likes to try to snuggle into these when she's celarly way too big for them, but she ends up there all the time! 

After dinner I decided to try to use up the pumpkin puree I had leftover from making chocolate pumpkin pie cookies.  I didn't follow a recipe, but started randomly mixing ingredients together: pumpkin puree, vegan cream cheese, vegan sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. 

The mix was so good I could probably have eaten the whole bowl straight as-is. 
 
But what I'd created looked like the makings of a tasty no-bake pumpkin cheesecake, so I decided to pour the mix into a Wegman's pre-made graham cracker crust.  

I stuck the pie in the freezer for a couple of hours for it to set up, but then of course I had to try my creation.  Just as predicted, my first try at vegan pumpkin cheesecake was a success!  It hadn't frozen all the way, but the semi-thawed texture was probably even better than if it had been frozen.  I could probably have gobbled the whole thing up, but I managed to stick to one slice ... for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment