Monday, May 6, 2013

Last of the Paella and Popsicles!!!

I've been a bit deficient in my blogging lately.  Partially because I haven't done or eaten anything all that exciting, and partially because I've been feeling incredibly unmotivated both about the blogging itself and about being vegan.  I think I'll have to bake something today to get me back on track :) 
 
Thursday for breakfast I enjoyed a tasty banana raspberry protein shake, which was delicious and really filled me up until lunch. 
 
Because I had the day off, I went out to lunch with my boyfriend, but didn't manage to get a picture of what we ate.  You will just have to trust it was the "No Meato Burrito" from California Tortilla.  They have a ton of burrito options on their menu to choose from - rather than the more typical assembly line style of Chipotle or Qdoba.  This one was marked in particular "vegan friendly" because it doesn't normally come with cheese or sour cream, though I'm sure you could add those if you wanted them. 
 
The burrito had grilled vegetables and spinach and actually had a bit of sweetness to it, which I loved.  I would definitely get this one again. 

Later at home I snacked on some strawberries ... love this time of year for all the fresh fruit! 

And a little while later I snacked again ... this time on some Garden of Eatin red hot blues.  They are blue corn tortilla chips covered in spicy seasoning.  (Kind of like a blue corn chip version of Doritos). 
 
You can actually see all that spicy goodness on the chips in this photo! 

When dinner rolled around I finally finished off the last of the paella!  Can you believe it took so long to finish it?!?!  I was definitely incredibly sick of it by the end.  So much so that I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture.  It would have looked pretty familiar anyway ...

After dinner I enjoyed an Edy's Outshine fruit bar in mango for dessert.  It's not really quite warm enough yet to really be itching for a cold dessert, but I noticed this flavor was vegan at the grocery store (not all of them are ... coconut, for instance), and really wanted something sweet after dinner. 
 
Mango is one of my favorite fruits, and this popsicle tasted exactly like fresh mango!  Once the hotter days roll around I think I'll be eating a lot of these. 






No comments:

Post a Comment