Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Panera Bagels!

When a big box of Panera bagels was delivered to my office the other day, I thought I was yet again going to be deprived of feeling like a normal part of my office community.   But on a whim, I decided to use the wonders of the Internet to find out if, just maybe, Panera made vegan bagels.  And, lo and behold, they do!!!

 
I found this statement online from a very helpful person who did the work of actually contacting the company:
Thank you for contacting Panera Bread. L-cysteine is a minor constituent of a bagel base commonly and widely used in the baking industry as a dough conditioner. However, we have recently introduced a new natural bagel base that does not use l-cysteine or cysteine. Neither was ever an ingredient in our Artisan breads. For other items, please check ingredients on our online nutrition calculator.
 
Gotta love the Internet for its ability to help you find answers to questions you're too lazy to figure out for yourself :)  Now it's back to my quest to find good vegan cream cheese ...

No comments:

Post a Comment