Monday, March 18, 2013

New Friends

I wrote Saturday about the importance of remembering the vegan foods you've always enjoyed to ease the transition to a vegan lifestyle, but inevitably changes must be made as well. Recently I went to the store to stock up on some vegan foods that had not previously graced my kitchen.

 
 
Truthfully, I wasn't much of a yogurt person when I ate dairy, but I got caught up in the vegan frenzy and ended up with a couple of containers of this soy yogurt.  I have yet to try either the yogurt or the sour cream, but I'm excited to have the options and will write more when I've done something amazing with them.
 
What I have had the opportunity to test out with great success is the Ener-G egg replacer.  When my boyfriend's parents invited us over for brunch last weekend for pancakes, I new this would be a big test for my ability to enjoy outings like I used to.  Fortunately, I made my own vegan pancakes using the egg replacer and my old friend, vanilla soymilk, and they turned out great.  To rub in their faces how wonderful my vegan pancakes could be, I didn't just make plain old pancakes, but banana, walnut, chocolate chip pancakes.  Yes, that's right.  They were completely delicious and I will absolutely be making those again soon.  And maybe some will survive to get a picture on here too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment