Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Rain, Rain ... Ruined My Crossfit Day

By Thursday morning I'd gotten a new supply of bananas, so I enjoyed a delicious banana and graham cracker protein shake (using up those graham crackers!).  I had a meeting in northern Baltimore that morning, so I got to leave a bit later than usual since I wasn't driving all the way to Annapolis.  Yay for Baltimore-based meetings!  Pretty soon when we move to Silver Spring that won't be so convenient, so I've got to enjoy it while it lasts ...
Because I was going to a meeting and then straight to work right around lunchtime, I couldn't pack a lunch that needed refrigeration.  Luckily a while back I had picked up this Simply Asia Spicy Kung Pao Noodle Bowl and stashed it at work. 
To make the bowl, you unwrap and plot the noodles into the bowl, then dump in packets of seasonings and dehydrated vegetables, top with the contents of the sauce packet and two tablespoons of water, then microwave and let stand.  It wasn't terrible, but this certainly doesn't look like the picture on the box either, does it? 
I rushed out of work to try to make it to crossfit by 6:30 - tough to do when it takes an hour to get to my house from work, then I need to drop off my stuff, change, and turn around and get about 20 minutes from home to the gym.  But of course while I was on my way home from work it started pouring rain, which just made the commute slower-going.  I realized I wasn't going to make it, so instead I just rushed home as quickly as I could, hoping I could "un-RSVP" to the class before it started.  Just in case anyone else wanted my spot ...
Since I didn't get to crossfit, I decided to make a healthy dinner and then Josh and I did a crossfit inspired workout downstairs in the gym.  I made tofu with broccoli and edamame, topped with Thai peanut sauce.  Delicious and healthy! 
Our crossfit inspired workout consisted of a three-minute warmup on the treadmill, then three rounds of 20 situps, 20 pushups, 100 single jumps on the jump rope, and 20 overhead lunges (I started with 25 pounds, but went down to 20 for the third round).  Then we finished up with another three minutes on the treadmill.  It was a short workout, but we were both definitely sweaty by the end. 
And for dessert ... a few spoonfulls of dark chocolate dreams peanut butter.  I finished off the jar, so I won't be having any more for a few weeks - until I stock up on groceries again after the move.  *Tear* 

No comments:

Post a Comment