Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Where Does The Time Go?

I can't believe it's already October?!?!?  Seriously, where does the time go?
 
It seems like just yesterday that it was the start of summer.  It was definitely a busy summer for us, which I guess always makes it seem like it flies by.  But now that fall is officially here, I've realized a few important things:
 
1.  I'm way behind on my blog posts.  I have all these started posts that I need to catch up on writing ASAP. 
 
2.  My birthday is less than three weeks away!!!  And, more importantly, I've been totally delinquent on my birthdady pushup challenge training.  For a while I was going strong, but then life (moving, traveling, etc.) got the better of me and I started slacking off.  When we got back from Scotland I took it up again, but I still haven't been consistent about doing pushups every day.  I've definitely got to get back in the habit or I won't be able to meet my 30 pushup goal. 
 
3.  We've been in our new apartment more than a month and there are still boxes everywhere.  I know the fact that we've been out of town literally every weekend since we moved is a pretty good excuse for our lack of settling, but even on free evenings I've opted for TV watching, reading, baking, or pretty much anything other than unpacking.  I've got to start plugging away or it will never get done. 
 
4.  Beyond my pushup challenge, I've got to get back in the habit of working out in general.  Josh and I have gone for a couple of outdoor runs and visited the clibming gym since moving, but I've only used the building's gyms three times since we moved.  And the convenience of two on-site gyms should mean that I workout more, not less.  I started trying to turn things around this morning by waking up (not bright - it was still dark) early this morning and hitting the gym for a quick 15 minutes on the treadmill followed by a gym-modified version of Fran.  I used 15 lb free weights for thrusters and the lat machine set at 60 lbs for "pullups".  I finished my "Faux Fran" in 11:21.  Not too shabby.  It beat my previous Fran time of 13:09, though that was done with 35 lb thrusters.  (Not sure how the lat machine vs. pullup band compares?)  This will definitely be a good benchmark to use to compare with future Frans.  Hopefully there will be many :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment