Monday, October 21, 2013

Maple Apple Crisp for One

It's my birthday, and I can eat apple crisp if I want to. 
 
As I mentioned before, I was feeling pretty indulgent last week, so I found myself making lots of desserts and even turning to dessert for my meals.  Which is exactly what I did for lunch on my birthday Friday.  Rather than making a big dessert that Josh and I would end up eating servings of all week, I made this perfect little maple apple crisp for one.  It's so simple and delicious, I'll probably end up doing this all winter. 
 
To start, chop up one apple - a tarter apple is a great choice since so much sugar goes into this one.  Toss the apple with about a tablespoon of maple syrup and top with cinnamon to taste.  I prepared the crumble in a little single-serving pyrex, but a ramekin would work just as well. 
 
Prepare the crumble topping in a separate bowl - two tablespoons of softened Earth Balance, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour.  I just mush it all together with my fingers until I get the proper "crumble" texture.  Then spread over the top of the chopped apple. 
 
Then just bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until it is just as ooey-gooey as you would like and the crumble is brown.  Unfortunately, it will need to cool at least 10 minutes (or as long as you can stand to wait).  I ate mine plain straight out of the pyrex, but this would definitely be amazing topped with vanilla coconut ice cream - next time I have some on-hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment