Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Flip-Flopping on the Healthiness

Friday ended up being a bit of a mix of unhealthy and healthy.  I started the morning off with my usual protein shake (healthy), but mid-morning I snacked on some Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos (unhealthy) (aka, the only vegan Doritos) ... (aka, the only Doritos you really need - they're so good!). 
 
For lunch I whipped up a Mexican salad with romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber, corn salsa from Trader Joe's (that is so amazing, I'm going to start buying this stuff all the time!), and some vegan sour cream.  I would definitely put this lunch in the healthy category, but it was so tasty you could hardly tell! 
 
The day got even healthier when I joined Josh at our new climbing gym, Earth Treks Rockville (our previous gym being Earth Treks Timonium), where we climbed for a couple of hours (mostly sitting around time ... but whatever). 
 
When dinnertime rolled around, though, I made a return to the unhealthy side in a big way ...  And it all started with my good friend, the cashew cream.  I'd soaked the cashews during the afternoon, then blended them up with water, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
 
It's the perfect sauce for ... you guessed it ... the best pasta ever!  You can follow the link for the recipe in an old post, but a quick recap is: leeks + shallots + mushrooms + pasta + cashew cream = orgasmic.  If you're going to have an unhealthy dinner, this is definitely the way to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment