Thursday, October 3, 2013

Exciting Food and New Toys

Monday morning started with my favorite indulgence - a chocolate banana protein shake made with Silk PureAlmond in Dark Chocolate flavor.  There's just something about the dark chocolate that's so much more rich and sinful-seeming than regular chocolate soy or almond milk.  I love this stuff. 

When I got home from work I had an exciting package waiting for me at home.  I needed to buy some things from Amazon to use up a credit that was expiring, so I used the excuse to buy a few random things off my wish list - the kind of things I wanted but would probably only really buy when I needed to round out a $25 purchase for the free shipping. 

First exciting acquisition: a Firefly keychain!  Obviously, this is my favorite TV show, so it's nice to have little reminders of it around.  I'm always just a bit happier when I wear one of my Firefly bracelets, so I thought it's always good to bring a little more Firefly into my life :) 

Second acquisition: yet another cookbook ... Great Chefs Cook Vegan.  From the Amazon description:

"Great Chefs Cook Vegan includes recipes from 25 of the greatest chefs, including Thomas Keller, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Daniel Boulud, Charlie Trotter, and many other James Beard Award-winning chefs.  Each chef provides a delicious three- or four-course vegan meal, complete with beautiful photography of mouthwatering dishes like Baby Beet Salad with Pistachio Vinaigrette and Chickpea Fritters, Sweet Pea Ravioli with Sautéed Pea Leaves, Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers with Sunflower Seed Risotto, and Chocolate Cake with a Chocolate Truffle Molten Center."

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet - they do look awfully complicated! - but I will be sure to update when I do! 

For dinner I made something a lot simpler than anything out of that book is likely to be.  I used leftover cashew cream from Friday's dinner to make pasta with asparagus, peas, and sun dried tomatoes.  Even Josh, who's not a fan of asparagus, said we should add the recipe to our usual repertoir.  Not the healthiest, but definitely simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment