Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Oreo Cheesecake

While I may have been particularly good two weeks ago about being on top of my healthy workouts, even ending on a particularly high note with a 7-mile hike, I also ended the week by baking this delicious but decidedly unhealthy Oreo Cheesecake.  Fortunately, life is about balance ... so I basically had to bake a scrumptious dessert to restore order in the universe. 
 
I may or may not have proceeded to eat about two pieces a day for the next few days ...
 
Oreo Cheesecake (vegan, of course!)
 
Ingredients:
 
2 containers vegan cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
1 package firm silken tofu
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Broken up Oreos - as many as you like
1 ready-made Oreo cookie pie crust (or you could be industrious and make your own)
 
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325.  Blend all but last two ingredients in a blender until very smooth.  Pour into a bowl and fold in Oreo pieces.  Pour batter into crust and bake for 1 hour.  When the hour is up, turn off the oven but leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 more hour.  Then come up with a really good distraction, because you still need to transfer the cheesecake to the refrigerator for at least six hours before cutting yourself a slice.  But trust me, the long wait is worth it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment