Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mexican Salad

I'm starting to notice a bit of a trend to the healthiness of my eating patterns - I'm very good during the week, and then throw everything out the window over the weekend.  Maybe it's the extra time I've got to putz around the house looking for something to do - which seems to invariably lead to baking or cooking something unhealthy.  If only I could put that attention towards cleaning the house! 
 
After heading pretty far off the nutrition track a couple weeks ago with the vegan brie and chicken ring, I decided to start my week back off on the right track with a delicious Mexican salad.  See that empty jar of salsa in the background?  That's because this salad was soooo good I enjoyed it over and over again until my salsa ran out.  It's definitely on my shopping list for tonight so I can keep making this again and again!  And the best part is that the recipe calls for more staple-type ingredients that are easy to have on hand anytime. 
 
Quick and Easy Mexican Salad
 
Salad mix of choice (I used Spring mix)
Salsa of choice (I used a Cuban style black bean salsa from Target - the beans add extra fiber and protein to make this salad extra filling!)
Gardenburger chipotle black bean burger
 
Optional: halved cherry tomatoes, avocado, fried onions - or whatever your heart desires!

No comments:

Post a Comment