Monday, May 19, 2014

Chia Pudding

I've been seeing so many delicious looking recipes for chia seed pudding online lately.  But when I saw this recipe for Almond Joy chia pudding, I decided it was finally time I got my pudding on.  Of course I had to make a few modifications based on the ingredients I had on hand ... like using peanut butter rather than almond butter.  Maybe that means it's not really "Almond Joy" flavored anymore ... but it sure tasted just fine! 
 
On my first try I also used almond extract because I had no coconut, but that turned out to be too much almond for my taste.  Fortunately, I could see the potential in this stuff, so I tried a *few* more times.  For all my later versions I've used vanilla extract and it's turned out great.  Oh, and I did include the maple syrup and chocolate chips I just forgot to get them out for the picture ...
 
This stuff is so creamy and delicious - definitely a satisfying dessert.  Unfortunately it's also not exactly "healthy" since it's still full of peanut butter and maple syrup, but it's not quite as bad as some other options one might turned to when looking for dessert ...  I've already made this about five times in the past week, and I'm predicting there will be many more batches in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment