Thursday, April 3, 2014

Workout Recap

Once I decided I would start making a concerted effort to document my workouts, I really found that it gave me a ton of motivation to actually ... work ... out.  It's funny how much public accountability can influence your habits. 
 
Even on days when I really didn't feel like doing anything, I still got myself onto the exercise bike for a half hour so I'd at least done something.
 
Last week's workout recap:
 
Monday: at home body pump routine
 
Tuesday: 30 min bike (while reading) manual level 5
 
Wednesday: 30 min bike random hills level 5 plus1 1/2 min plank 
 
Thursday: off
 
Friday: treadmill intervals - 5 minute warm up on 5, then alternating 1 minute at 8.0 with 1 1/2 minutes at 3.2.  25 minutes total.
 
(Saturday and Sunday it rained all day so I didn't get a chance to get outside like I did the previous weekend.  So sad ...)
 
Saturday: back to the at-home body pump - such a good workout!  Though Saturday's routine didn't leave me as sore the next day as it did the first time around.  I guess my body's already getting used to it and I'll have to change things up soon ...
 
Sunday: 35 min elliptical - last 5 min in reverse, 19 dead lifts with 70 lbs. 
 
Why only 19 dead lifts, you ask?  That's because I totally through my back out on lift number 19 and just managed to hold it together to get the weights back to the rack and walk back to my apartment - in great pain.  Whomp whomp.
 
I was watching my form and I've done dead lifts with a lot more weight before (I did a 1RM in crossfit less than a year ago of 115 pounds), so I'm not really sure what happened.  But it took me out for a few days.  I really didn't want to do anything to injure myself any more. 
 
But now I'm back to my old self and ready to get back into the workout swing!  And next time I'm going to scale way down on the deadlift weight ...

No comments:

Post a Comment