Monday, September 30, 2013

Gardein "Chick'n" Sliders

Last week Josh and my healthy eating rebound from Scotland got a little derailed, and we found ourselves indulging in some less-than-nutritious meals.  It was a somewhat slow descent, so I'm confident we can get back on track quickly this week. 
 
It all started when I decided to make the Gardein chick'n sliders that had been sitting in the freezer for a while, just begging to be eaten.  Apparently I hadn't looked closely at the box, because I assumed there was nothing but chicken patties in there and got all the rest of the fixings for sandwiches, including lettuce, tomato, and little potato rolls - marked "great for sliders".  But as it turns out, the box already contained four rolls for the four sliders - no lettuce and tomato inside though. 
 
I baked up the sliders and rolls, then topped with lettuce, tomato, and vegannaise.  I also served jalapeno chips and little cornichon pickles on the side.  It was definitely delicious, though not the healthiest of meals.  At least there were veggies on the sliders!   
 
Now what to do with the 12 potato rolls in the freezer?  ....

No comments:

Post a Comment