Tuesday, June 10, 2014

R2D2 and the Return of Fran

Last week's workouts were really something.  Though I started slow hitting the gym and doing basic cardio every day, late in the week there were a lot of very involved workouts and I really ran all over the gamut of workout possibilities. 
 
Monday - 35 minutes on the elliptical at speed 6, manual setting
 
Tuesday - 35 minutes on the elliptical at speed 5, manual setting
 
Wednesday - 30 minutes on the stationary bike at speed 7, manual setting
 
Thursday - 4 mile jog/walk (2 mile jog, 1 mile walk, 1 mile jog) in Sligo Creek where I may have been seen in all my sweatiness by lots of people, but at least I got to enjoy the R2D2-looking trash cans along the way :) 
 
Friday - 5 minute warm up on the stationary bike at manual 5, Fran at-home WOD (7:51 time, using 30 lbs for squat thrusts and 55 lbs for pull downs - 70 lbs for first 4, then down to 55 lbs for the rest), 10 more minutes on the bike at manual 5, 3 sets each - 10 bicep curls with 2 10-lb dumbbells, 10 bent over rows with 2 10-lb dumbbells, 12 lunges, then finally 10 more minutes on the bike at manual 5.
 
Saturday - 1 hour and 40 minute hike in Rock Creek Park 

Sunday - I did a little treadmill experimentation with the goal of increasing my jogging time.  While I'm comfortable at about a 5.0 speed on the treadmill for a half hour, I realize this is pretty slow by most people's standards and wanted to see if I could increase it.  While I can easily go to 5.2 without much issue, something like 6.0 is quite uncomfortable ... which made it my new goal.  The treadmill routine looked something like intervals, just very long ones.  Basically my goal was to go as long as possible at 6.0 (original goal set for 10 minutes - exceeded, yay!), then recover walking, and go again. 
 
Treadmill Speed Increase Routine
Walk 1 min at 3.0 speed
Run 11 min at 6.0 speed
Walk 3 min at 3.2 speed
Run 6 min at 6.0 speed
Walk 4 min at 3.2 speed
Run 5 min at 6.0 speed
2 minute cool down at 3.2 speed

No comments:

Post a Comment