Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Lentil Soup

For the past few days I've been enjoying healthy lunches with no crazed running around in the morning thanks to a giant pot of lentil soup I cooked up Sunday evening.  Unfortunately I just enjoyed my last bowl today for lunch, so it's back to the drawing board for tomorrow. 
 
But this soup is so simple, delicious, (and did I mention healthy!) that I know I'll be making it again and again ... even once the weather warms up.  (It is going to warm up, isn't it!)
 
In the mix:
 
1 cup lentils
4 cups vegetable stock
Diced carrots
1 white onion
1 zucchini
Garlic (I used about a teaspoon of minced garlic from a jar)
Tomato paste (I'd say I used about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
Cumin (I used about a teaspoon, but to taste is fine)
Salt (also to taste)
 
I tossed in the veggies to cook in olive oil for about ten minutes before adding the lentils (rinsed), veggie stock, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, and salt.  Then let the whole mixture cook for about an hour and a half, but you're probably good to go after only about an hour.  It's not exactly ready instantly, but the actual amount of working time is so low, I still consider this one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. 
 
And did I mention it's healthy? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment